Beginners Patchwork Class
Beginners Patchwork – 4 x Half-Day Workshops. Skill level: Beginners
Dates and Time – Thursday mornings
- Thursday, 25th January, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Thursday, 22nd February, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Thursday, 28th March, 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Thursday, 25th April, 10.00am – 1.00pm
Come and learn the joy of patchwork from the beginning. You will learn how to rotary cut, prepare your pieces and make a selection of patchwork blocks. Each month you will learn at least one new patchwork block.
Please ensure that you are familiar with your sewing machine and arrive to class with your sewing machine threaded, and “ready to go”. If you are not familiar with your sewing machine, please do book a one-to-one session prior to your workshop.
- Sewing machine in good working order and threaded, 1/4 inch foot (or all presser foot if you do not have a 1/4” foot)
- Spare sewing machine needles (size 70 – 80)
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Rotary cutting equipment – board, cutter (with a new blade)
- Ruler – two straight rulers (ideally one 24” in length and the other 12” in length)
- Temporary making pen
- Freezer paper (half a metre)
- Template plastic
- At least 6 x half metres of 100% cotton fabric in a mix of values … Megan will help you with fabric choice on the day if you do not already have this fabric. If you have a particular fabric that you would really like to use, please bring it along and we will help you add the right fabrics to make a beautiful quilt
- Thread to match fabrics
- Spectacles, if required
Coffee and tea will be available prior to the start, and during the classes. You will have an opportunity to look around our Warehouse and purchase fabric and supplies prior to the class, during and afterwards.
In exceptional circumstances, workshops and events may be cancelled. Where at all possible, in the first instance we will offer you an alternative date, securing your place in the class. We will give you as much notice as possible should we need to cancel and arrangements will be made. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop up to 48 hours prior to the workshop date. Should we need to cancel, and are not able to offer you an alternative, you will be refunded the full amount paid.
We are not able to recompense for any incremental costs that you may have incurred to attend the class should it be cancelled, such as purchases, travel arrangements or accommodation.
Should you need to cancel, please give us as much notice as possible. Providing at least 14days notice prior to the start of the first session is given, we will offer you a refund, less 10% administration fee, or you may transfer to another class. Unfortunately if less than 14days notice is given, we are unable to offer a refund or any transfer.
Lady Sew and Sew
Henley on Thames
Tel: 01491 572 528